My photo
anywhere you'll find big skies..seeking simplicity, beauty and authenticity, the wide open prairies, Canada
I am a lover of all things beautiful... seeking simplicity and beauty which i believe exists all around. I love to sing and write both songs and poetry. I like to make many sounds with instruments...most that i've yet to learn to play. I have a CD out called "Gypsy As I Go" .. I do my part by giving new life to old objects. I take many pictures. All photographs, words, musings and images seen on this blog are my own. They cannot be used without my written expressed permission. All content © 2008 Cathleen Lesperance

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cozy toes and Winterfires


Am I allowed to say that i'm really... tired of winter? It is cold and -30 here today and i'm pretty sure the calendar says that it is March 1. To combat my cold weather blues
i'm going to post this picture of my feet wearing of pair of socks I knitted while gazing into a cozy fire. It isn't that I have alot to complain
about.
This winter I attended a self-directed creative residency. My late father's last gift to me came in the week I was to write a cheque to cover my portion of it...so I decided to focus on the symbolic theme of connections during my time. Wow! Talk about a nice break from
reality….a yummy breakfast waiting for me each day, a handy gym and my
amazing space
where I had time to dream and create. I just know that that time was for planting a few creative writing seeds that will grow forward over time....into my first book of poetry and short stories... In January
I also won a Saskatchewan based CBC Radio "Canada Reads"
contest. I paired my song "Highway" from my debut album
with the moving and brilliant novel by the late author
Carol Shields titled "Unless". Truth be told…I don't enter contests...I tend to think that competition is for horses...not artists….I read that quote somewhere once and it stuck with me... and I don't ask the wonderful people who support me musically to support me musically. But believe me..it is awesome when they do.

I guess this is a time of hibernation but first…some cozy toes and tea are in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment