My photo
anywhere you'll find big skies..seeking simplicity, beauty and authenticity, the wide open prairies, Canada
I am a lover of all things beautiful... seeking simplicity and beauty which i believe exists all around. I love to sing and write both songs and poetry. I like to make many sounds with instruments...most that i've yet to learn to play. I have a CD out called "Gypsy As I Go" .. I do my part by giving new life to old objects. I take many pictures. All photographs, words, musings and images seen on this blog are my own. They cannot be used without my written expressed permission. All content © 2008 Cathleen Lesperance

Monday, August 1, 2011

our own kind of rockstar


What does this winter photo have to do with an outdoor concert in Moncton in the middle of the summer? I'm just back from a fantastic weekend with friends to see U2 in concert in Moncton...the show was great!!...it rained all day Saturday and the world became one giant mud pit....slimy and slippery brown everywhere! The six of us huddled under a small gazebo to stay out of the rain. We drank coffee (or beer) and talked and laughed. Early in the day, we escaped the muddy mess for awhile to go into town to stock up on rain gear (who travels with rubber boots?)...on the way back to the camp site..while stuck in traffic..we sat in the car next to a man asleep under a bridge along the sidewalk...with his face gray and lined with exhaustion. Something in me makes it impossible to not feel incredible sorrow when I see that..and i'm grateful that I have never hardened in that way....i'm warm and dry with money in my pocket, food in my belly,and have people who love me and care about me. I don't care how he spends the money I have to slip under his ball cap or the apples I leave him (it's all the food we have in the car)...just like i don't care if someone wants to spend $1200 dollars on a purse..who am I to judge? But life really can throw curve balls at us and many of us are fortunate to weather them and some get left out in the rain...Who knows this man's story and what brought him down that path..we're all on our way to someplace..and in my case..on my way to see Bono and U2 play to a crowd of 80 000 people.......everything is relative and we can't all be zillionairre rockstars like Bono but we can be our own kind of rockstar....where it's hip to be generous and real.

"One love
One life
When it's one need
In the night
One love
We get to share it
Leaves you baby if you
Don't care for it"

- Lyrics by U2 "One"

No comments:

Post a Comment