My photo
anywhere you'll find big skies..seeking simplicity, beauty and authenticity, the wide open prairies, Canada
I am a lover of all things beautiful... seeking simplicity and beauty which i believe exists all around. I love to sing and write both songs and poetry. I like to make many sounds with instruments...most that i've yet to learn to play. I have a CD out called "Gypsy As I Go" .. I do my part by giving new life to old objects. I take many pictures. All photographs, words, musings and images seen on this blog are my own. They cannot be used without my written expressed permission. All content © 2008 Cathleen Lesperance

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Curry soup and winter tea

My sweet husband likes to bake throughout the winter on the barbeque. Banada bread with nutella and a cup of tea... while keeping cosy inside. Here is a photo at home of my favorite mug and some yummy banada bread...a few bites in. :)


Winter is here. My window frames the view outside of hoar frost over the trees. This view makes winter one of my favorite seasons. It is now time to hibernate and make tea and soup...and apple crisp. Here is a favorite soup
and so easy to make.

Curried Carrot Soup
1 tbsp olive oil -- 2 lbs carrots, cut into 1/2" rounds
1 onion, chopped -- 1 tbsp curry powder
1 celery, chopped -- 1 tsp ground ginger
1 garlic, chopped -- 5 cups chicken broth
pepper -- 1 cup yogurt plain

Heat oil. Add next 3 ingredients. Cook 5 minutes. Add carrots and stir well. Stir in curry and ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Add broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat and p.cover pot. Simmer 30 minutes until carrots tender. Blend soup. Stir in yogurt and blend. Add parsley and serve hot. I love soup with toasted pita chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment