My photo
anywhere you'll find big skies..seeking simplicity, beauty and authenticity, the wide open prairies, Canada
I am a lover of all things beautiful... seeking simplicity and beauty which i believe exists all around. I love to sing and write both songs and poetry. I like to make many sounds with instruments...most that i've yet to learn to play. I have a CD out called "Gypsy As I Go" .. I do my part by giving new life to old objects. I take many pictures. All photographs, words, musings and images seen on this blog are my own. They cannot be used without my written expressed permission. All content © 2008 Cathleen Lesperance

Monday, July 12, 2010

Happy accidents along the Cabot Trail



While up on the beautiful Cabot Trail in very lush and green Nova Scotia last week, we came upon a hat and fabric store. Everything was handmade and designed by the lady inside. A very old but content dog greeted me at the door as I walked in. My hubby waited outside in the warm sun.
On this one random stop, I found a great hat made of velvet, which I look forward to wearing this fall when the weather cools. And my other half, while waiting outside, ran into the mail woman, who happened to be the mother of my husband's old university roommate....whom my husband has not seen in years.

Happy accidents and the wonderful randomness of these kinds of days. And it all happened in a small place on the Cabot Trail called Wreck Cove. Many happy sorts of wrecks can happen.

The talented hat maker Barbara Longva and her lovely artistic wares can be found here, where you may randomly stumble upon my blog and view her great hats. You might also click on my music link and tell a friend of a friend who may then buy my CD at a future show they catch...because someone knew my cousin....you get the idea. Wishing you many happy accidents....and many long lazy days of summer...here is her link...

No comments:

Post a Comment